What You'll Need
• French Press
• Digital scale
• Spoon or paddle
• 35g whole bean coffee
Note: the amount of coffee and water used depends on the coffee used and your preferred strength. We recommend starting with 35g of coffee and 600mL of water for a 1:17 coffee to water ratio.
- Rinse the french press with hot water. This helps keep your coffee temperature more consistent.
- Measure and grind 35g of coffee to a coarse consistency.
- Pour 70g of water into the French Press and stir.
- Start a timer and Wait for 30s.
- Pour 530mL more water (or 600mL total) into the french press.
- Wait until the timer reads 4 minutes.
- Remove from scale and plunge the coffee all the way to the bottom.
- Serve immediately and enjoy with your loved ones.