What You'll Need
• Hario V60
• V60 filters
• Digital scale
• Spoon or paddle
• 30g whole bean coffee
Note: the amount of coffee and water used depends on the coffee used and your preferred strength. We recommend starting with 20g of coffee and 360mL of water for a 1:18 coffee to water ratio.
Boil 500mL of filtered water.
- Place filter basket with filter paper onto a cup or carafe.
- Rinse the paper filter with boiling water into the cup or carafe. Discard this water. This will warm your cup and keep the paper flavour out of your coffee.
- Grind 30g of coffee beans to a medium consistency. Gently shake to settle the grinds.
- Tear your scale to 0g.
- Pouring gently, add 60g of water to coffee grounds. Stir gently to make sure all the coffee is saturated with water. Wait 30 seconds allowing the coffee to “bloom”.
- Gently pour in slow circles, starting in the middle and working outwards until the scale reads 320g. Avoid pouring on the paper filter.
- When all the water has dripped through, hopefully within 2:30-3 minutes. Place your filter and grounds in the compost.
- Swirl and enjoy your fresh cup.